Sunday 1 January 2017

What We Read In December



Hi guys! I can't believe December is over already, we are starting our second half of homeschool (eeek). I wanted to share with you some of the books the boys enjoyed in December.

3rd grader 
Required Reading


For his required reading he read The One and Only Ivan. He really enjoyed this book and we worked 
on some activities to go along with the book here. He also read the picture book of Ivan which is a non-fiction and a book on gorillas. 

Fun Read:


Along with the books above he also read Battle Bugs, Dinosaur Cove, and The Notebook of Doom. I shared these on my Instagram.


Ist Grader
Required Reading

For his required reading he finished reading Stone Fox

Fun Read:


To go along with Stone Fox he also listened to Balto of the Blue Dawn on audio and read Akiak

Group Reading/Read Alouds

 We worked on a biography of Snowflake Bentley and enjoyed The Story of Snow
and Curious About Snow

We also finished listening to The Mysterious Benedict Society. The boys really enjoyed this book.

We are just about to finish The Silver Balloon. 

January Reading:

Both boys have already started on their assigned reading for January.
My 3rd grader will be reading Sarah, Plain and Tall. Even though this is below his reading level I don't want him to miss this classic. 

 He will also be starting a biography study on Jacques Cousteau.

My first grader had a choice between James and the Giant Peach or Chocolate Fever. 
He went with Chocolate Fever, which he is really enjoying. 

Preschooler:

My preschooler and I read a lot more books but these two were his favorite by far, and the only ones I manage to take a picture of before returning them to the library. 

I also have not chosen a read aloud for January I'll share over on Instagram once I decide. What books have you enjoyed?

Linked Up With:
Literacy Monday

1 comment:

  1. Stone Fox is a favorite classic! So is Sarah, Plain and Tall. I enjoyed writing study questions for both of those books. :) Thanks for linking up with Literacy Musing Mondays. (www.brandiraae.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01